Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Try it out- DIY felt flower pin

This was super simple. I completely forgot to take pics during, but it's so easy, I think you all will know where I am coming from. If not, Pinterest has a ton of them!

What you need:
Felt
Scissors
Glue gun and glue sticks
Pin with clasp that you can glue to the back of the flower

1st choose the felt you want to use. I did one color for the first and got fancy with two colors for the second. Cut one small circle out of the felt, about the size of a ping pong ball... Kinda small. Set that one aside. Next cut 8-10 larger circles, maybe the size of a tennis ball. You can use a glass to trace (ink or pencil marks will be eliminated soon!). After you cut those out, cut wavy edges or petals all the way around. Scrap booking scissors might have worked well. I'll have to try that next time!

Next take your small circle and set it on a flat surface. Take one of your wavy circles. Fold it in half and in half again. Grab your scissors and snip off the point on the bottom. Run a line of hot glue where you just cut the point and place it on your small circle. There really is no right or wrong in the placement, just snip the point and glue them down where they will fit. For the black and gray flower, I worked in circles and the white one was more random. If you need more circles, go ahead! You may or may not want to cut a smaller wavy circle and glue it in the middle. It made a really nice, full center. When you are done,turn the whole thing over and glue the pin to the back. Voila! I wanted to see how easy it was, so I got the old bead kit out and did a little beading. I don't love it, but I think with some planning it could look good.

I will definitely be doing this again! Mostly because I have 47 pieces of felt and a bunch of pins because you can't but just one of those suckers! Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas next year!!!

1 comment: