Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First post!!! It's taken a while!

Hello out there! I am attempting this new fad called blogging, perhaps you've heard of it? I know, I know, I am seriously, and I mean seriously behind the times. I have actually had this blog for almost three years now and have never posted a single thing. I am not super happy with the layout but I will keep tweaking it until I am satisfied.

My main problem with this blog was, "what am I going to write?" and "who the hell will actually want to read it?". I'm still working those things out, so until I come up with a concept I am comfy with, whoever I hoist this upon will be subject to some painfully random musings!

So, why start now? I turned the big 35 in November. The age thing was not a big deal. What was a big deal was the fact that I am doing NONE of the things I said I would be. I am not a lawyer, and then later, a stay at home mom. I am not the weight I want to be. I am not the mom I want to be. I am not in the process of writing the next great novel. I have not travelled the world nor have I taken my kids any where more exotic than Disney World. I am not trying to invoke pity because life as I know it is pretty fabulous. Some of these things I can fix, some I can't. Some I don't even want to fix. Lawyer? Yeah right! I just realized that I kept waiting for the opportunity to present itself for me to be able to do some of these things instead of giving myself the opportunity. So, I've been exercising with a vengeance(and with guilt but that's a post for another day) and trying to get this thing back online so I can write. Maybe it's not exactly what I had in mind but it's a start and I have really missed writing.

So stay tuned. I might say something interesting, but you'll definitely get to see pics of my kids!

2 comments:

  1. I will be delighted to read your blog, Char! And I love the orange swirlies... I hope that's not one of the parts you intend to change.

    Guilt is a horrible thing, isn't it? I've decided that 2012 is my year of dealing with guilt, once and for all! It won't be easy, but we have to try. We can't let it run our lives.

    Don't feel guilty about exercising! You deserve that 1 hour a day to yourself, despite whatever else is going on with the family. They will have a happier mom/wife for it, and truly they probably don't care as much as you think they do that you are missing for an hour. You owe it to yourself, and when your kids are grown you will still be there, with whatever you've built up for yourself.

    Pick one thing on your bucket list--just one--and do it. Something attainable (probably not world travel just yet).

    Love you, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You made my day and I am so glad you see where I am coming from! You were my poke yesterday when I read your post! You got me all inspired- and I am continually inspired by you! You are doing great things!
    I need to tweak some of the side stuff...the orange swirlies are staying- love them!
    Maybe a bucket list can be post #2...
    Thanks Laura! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete