Friday, January 13, 2012

Grrr...2nd post. For the 3rd time! My Blog Week

I was up late last night, patting myself on the back for such a successful second post.  I went to type the last sentence and it disappeared.  Minor freak out.  Ok, so I typed it again.  Not as witty in my opinion, but it worked.  You could definitely sense my frustration, but it worked also.  Went to post.  Nothing.  Gone.  At that point if I had been able,Ii would have thrown the blog into the road for someone to run over.  There are three things I don't have alot of: time, sleep, and patience.  This blog was cutting into all three!  So here it is again.  I may smarten up and start typing the daggone thing in Word and copying and pasting, but not yet.

My Blog Week

So here it is.  This is what I have decided my blog schedule will be.  Maybe it's a bit ambitious, but I am going to give it a shot.  It's pretty random and stream of consciousness, but that's sort of how I roll.

Sunday - The Week Ahead - Here's where I will lay out goals for the week: fitness, home, professional, craft.  Accountability comes later in the week!

Monday - My Day - I will post whatever I feel like talking about that day, whether it's kids, husband, shoes, books, good day, bad day.  It will be my creative writing exercise for the week.  Flex my writing muscles a little.

Tuesday - Try It Out/On! - Ok, I love clothes, shoes, and accessories.  So I will try out new things I have seen online (ok, on Pinterest) and post it here.  This is not a fishing for flattery expedition, I promise!  I just want to see how some of these things translate on real people, in the real world.  You guys totally should have seen the smoky eye tutorial I got from Pinterest...I gave The Walking Dead zombies a run for their money!

Wednesday - Remember When-sday - Haha.  See what I did there?  Clever.  This is the day I will post nostalgic items from childhood and young adulthood, both loved and not so much loved.  Hey, remember Old Yeller?  Good Times.

Thursday - In Fitness & Health - I'll post any awesome healthy recipes we've tried recently (hopefully with a pic) and any good workouts we've done.  This will keep me accountable and force me to change up my routine.  Let's hear it for muscle confusion!

Friday - The Week In Review - It's accountability day!!  I'll take a look back at the week and see if any of those goals set on Sunday have been accomplished.  Am I setting the bar too low?  Have I just set myself up for failure?  Tune in!

Saturday - Let's be real.  I am most likely NOT going to post on Saturday, so if I do, bonus!

So, that's the week.  That's the plan.  I hope that you all will keep reading...it will keep me on the ball if I think I have a deadline for other people!

And as last night was Thursday (when I originally started this post!) I was going to share a recipe, but that's when the trouble started.  It was Weight Watcher's Shrimp Quesadillas and they were easy and FABULOUS.  But, that's where my trouble started, so I am going to let you all Google it.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: